One of the strategies of the fluoridation lobby is to complain about all and any advertising that Fluoride Free New Zealand produces. This page contains links to our last few complaints, our Response and the Ruling by the Advertising Standards Authority.
Complaint 19-332, received 9th September 2019, concerning our billboard about a new Canadian study that found an association between fluoridated water and lowered IQ. This complaint was dismissed.
Complaint 18-291, received 10th September 2018, about a newspaper advert for a Talk by Overseas Experts on Fluoride is a Neurotoxin. The complaints were Initially partially upheld by the ASA, but our appeal was allowed by the ASA Appeal Board. Result: complaints not upheld.
- Complaint about Neurotoxin Newspaper Advert
- FFNZ Response to Neurotoxin Newspaper Advert
- ASA Ruling Neurotoxin Newspaper Advert – Paritally Upheld
- Appeal Ruling on Neurotoxin Newspaper Advert – Allowed
Complaint 17-210, received 5th July 2017, about a Billboard featuring Dental Fluorosis:
- Complaint about Dental Fluorosis Billboard
- FFNZ Response to Dental Fluorosis Billboard Complaint
- Complaint Ruling on Dental Fluorosis Billboard – Partially Upheld
- FFNZ Dental Fluorosis Billboard Appeal
- Appeal Ruling on Dental Fluorosis Billboard – Partially Upheld
Complaint 16-359, received 19th October 2016, about the FFNZ Give A Little page:
- Complaint about Give A Little page
- FFNZ Response to Give A Little Complaint
- Complaint Ruling on Give A Little page – Not upheld
Complaint 16-300, received 15th August 2016, about the TV Ad Fluoride is Hazardous Waste:
Complaint 16-297, received 16th August 2016, about the TV Ad Fluoride is Hazardous Waste:
Complaint 16-285, received 15th August 2016, about the TV Ad Countries: