How to become involved:
- URGENT: HELP STOP GOVT PROPOSAL FOR NATIONWIDE MANDATORY FLUORIDATION
- Sign up to receive Fluoride Free NZ Posts – see Subscribe via email on the right side of this page.
- Join the Fluoride Free NZ Facebook Page
- Donate a minimum of $5 per month to Fluoride Free NZ to help us fund an educational media campaign
- Contact your local coordinator and offer to help.
- Learn how to Access Fluoride Free Water
Feilding Fluoridation Information
What was the outcome of the 2015 Long Term Plan on the fluoridation issue?
The Fielding water supply has been fluoridated since 1966. However, the Manawatu District Council have had some control equipment issues and the Fluoridation equipment was out of action from October 2014 to January 2016. It cost $16,600 + GST to repair.
What parts of Feilding are fluoridated?
All of Feilding township.
What fluoride chemicals are used to fluoridate Feilding’s water supply?
What level is Feilding fluoridated at?
MoH recommended range of 0.7ppm to 1ppm – target of 0.85ppm
Where is the waste water for Feilding discharged?
Feilding WWTP discharges to the Orua River. The new consent allows discharge to the river or to land.
Is there a Resource consent for the discharge of fluoridation chemicals into the TBC?
To be advised.
Can you provide the section of the consent that permits?
To be advised.
Is there a Resource Consent held by Fielding District Council to add Hydrofluorosilicic Acid to the Feilding’s water supplies?
How much per annum is spent on Hydrofluorosilicic acid?
How much per annum is spent on implementing water fluoridation?
How much per annum is spent on testing the levels of water fluoridation?
How much does it cost per Tonne of Hydrofluorosilicic Acid?
How many Tonne of Hydrofluorosilicic Acid is added into Feilding’s shared environment?
How frequent is the levels of fluoride in the water tested?
Who performs the testing?
When did fluoridation begin in Feilding and has there been any public consultation since beginning?