The research into fluoride has been gathering momentum over the past few years with more research being carried out in fluoridated areas. This is leading us to the inescapable conclusion that fluoridation is neither safe or effective.
At a glance:
- 2019 Association Between Maternal Fluoride Exposure During Pregnancy and IQ Scores in Offspring in Canada
- 2019 Fluoride exposure may contribute to complex changes in kidney and liver related parameters among U.S. adolescents.
- 2019 Founder and director of the Institute of Neurotoxicology and Neurological Disorders (INND) issues statement
- 2019 Fluoride Inhibits one of our most important enzymes
- 2019 Fluoride contributes to impaired iodine absorption
- 2019 Fluoride linked to Eye disease
- 2019 World leading expert on lead warns of fluoride toxicity
- 2018 Pre-natal fluoride exposure linked to ADHD
- 2017 Pre-natal fluoride exposure linked to lowered IQ
- 2015 Fluoridation linked to hypothyroidism
- 2015 Fluoridation linked to ADHD
2019 Published in the prestigious JAMA Pediatrics this study looks at fluoride urine levels and fluoride exposure in pregnant Canadian women. It finds fluoride exposure from fluordated water is associated with lowered IQ in their offspring.
2019 Fluoride exposure may contribute to complex changes in kidney and liver related parameters among U.S. adolescents.
2019 “Discontinue Fluoridation to reduce fluoride exposure ” says founder and director of the Institute of Neurotoxicology and Neurological Disorders (INND)
Toxicologist Steve Gilbert, PhD, and his non-profit organization, the Institute of Neurotoxicology & Neurological Disorders, have produced a statement opposing fluoridation. It’s at his “Connecting the Dots” website
2019 Fluoride Inhibits a Crucial Enzyme
2019 Fluoride Contributes to Iodine Deficiency
Fluoride Exposure Induces Inhibition Sodium/Iodide Symporter (NIS) Contributing to Impaired Iodine Absorption and Iodine Deficiency: Molecular Mechanisms of Inhibition and Implications for Public Health
2019 March Fluoride linked to Eye disease
World leading expert on lead warns of fluoride’s neurotoxicity
2017 September Pre-natal fluoride exposure linked to lowered IQ
2015 Fluoridation linked to lower thyroid function
2015 US Study on ADHD published in Environmental Health
Exposure to fluoridated water and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder prevalence among children and adolescents in the United States: an ecological association
Other important developments have been:
2019 The US Human and Health Services reduced the maximum allowable fluoride in bottled water to 0.7ppm
2018 NZ Supreme Court rules fluoridation is compulsory medical treatment without informed consent
2016 The US Human and Health Services reduces fluoride level in fluoridated water to a maximum of 0.7ppm
2014 NZ Review
In 2014 the NZ Royal Society and the Prime Minister’s Chief Science Advisor produced a report on fluoridation. See the Report, the criticisms and the background.