- Fluoride is a Neurotoxin. Studies from fluoridated Canada and the US have found strong association with neurological effects and fluoride at the levels experienced in fluoridated countries. See study published in JAMA Pediatrics August 2019.
- The primary benefit from fluoride is now known (contrary to the original belief) to be from contact to the tooth surface, not from swallowing.
- Fluoride is not an essential nutrient i.e. there is no bodily requirement for fluoride.
- Most countries, including 97% of Europe do not have fluoridation. Israel has banned fluoridation (2014).
- At least 30% of children in fluoridated areas have some form of dental fluorosis which is the first outward sign of over-exposure to fluoride i.e. children are getting far too much fluoride.
- The fluoride chemicals added to the public water supply are captured from the smoke stacks of the phosphate fertiliser industry as they are too toxic to be allowed to be released into the air. They are contaminated with trace amounts of lead, arsenic and other heavy metals.
- There is very good scientific information linking fluoride to a multitude of adverse health effects.
Flyer for Non-fluoridated areas advising Government intention
This flyer is designed to inform people in non-fluoridated areas that the Government is passing a law to remove the ability of the community to decide, through their local council, whether fluoridation chemicals should be added to the water supply. The flyer is a trifold. FFNZ brochure 2021 – final.
Ask us to send you postcards that you can send to others
Each postcard has links to one of two studies or a pertinent quote from a doctor or scientist. Over 100 people have sent one of these cards to each MP in 2017 and 2018. There are 16 cards in a set. These are a great tool for educating your councillor, news reporter or anyone else you can think of. Please email if you would like us to send you a set of cards so that you can take some positive action toward educating people.
Fluoride Free NZ Colour Brochure September 2015
Fluoride Free NZ Givealittle handouts – cut into four
Professor Paul Connett 2016 NZ Tour
Onehunga Posters to print and distribute